THE TGE CONFERENCE IS OUR PROGRAMME OF EVENTS FOR THE DELEGATION OF MUSIC INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS WHO ATTEND THE GREAT ESCAPE EACH YEAR.
The 2021 conference programme will take place as part of The Great Escape Online, the first ever online edition of TGE on 13th and 14th May 2021.
TGE CONFERENCE 2021
The TGE Conference 2021 will bring together music industry leaders, innovators and pioneers from across the globe to discuss, dissect and debate the biggest issues affecting the music business today.
Delegates will have access to an online programme of expert briefings, networking sessions, keynote interviews, panel discussions and educational workshops, helping them to meet, question, connect with and learn from people working in every strand of the music industry from markets all over the world.
As a delegate you will be able to login to the TGE online conference platform within Swapcard from Monday 10 May where you will get access to a number of on-demand webinars and bonus panel discussions, plus the online delegate directory. The livestreamed sessions then take place on Thursday 13 and Friday 14 May
Our keynote in-conversations are 25-minute in-depth interviews with leading industry innovators and disruptors. We will talk each keynote guest through their career to date, their current projects and businesses, and their views and insights on the key opportunities and challenges facing the music industry today.
Join the conversation with…
BJÖRN ULVAEUS, legendary songwriter and CISAC President.
LORNA CLARKE, Controller Of Pop at the BBC.
MERCK MERCURIADIS, veteran artist manager and founder and CEO of the Hipgnosis Songs Fund.
NADIA KHAN, the leading artist manager and label owner, founder of Women In CTRL and Chair of the UK’s Association Of Independent Music.
OLE OBERMANN, Global Head Of Music at TikTok.
WENDY ONG, President of TaP Management and TaP Records in the US.
THE CMU+TGE PROGRAMME 2021
At the core of the conference is the CMU+TGE programme, curated and hosted by the music business experts at CMU. This year’s CMU+TGE programme will be split into three main strands…
FUTURE MUSIC TALENT will look at how music educators and the music industry can better support entrepreneurial early-career music-makers, how COVID has impacted on the fanbase building process for DIY phase artists, and why it’s more important than ever to educate the creative community about copyright and data. MORE INFO
• What The Fanbase Building Process Involves In 2021
• Learning By Doing – Young Guns Artist Campaign Team
• Everything An Aspiring Artist Needs To Know – And How To Teach It
• Continued Professional Development In The Music Business
FUTURE MUSIC STRATEGIES supported by the BPI will consider the latest trends in streaming, fanbase building and the direct-to-fan relationship, and investigate what the touring and festival markets will look like in the post-COVID, post-Brexit world. What technologies, data, influencers, partnerships and strategies will be essential for success in the years ahead? MORE INFO
• Maximising The Power Of Fan Data
• The Future Of Festivals, Ticketing And Touring
• Getting Rights Data Right
• Influencing The Influencers
FUTURE MUSIC WORLD will investigate and celebrate initiatives that are making the music community more diverse, more healthy and more connected, and consider the challenges and opportunities music-makers and other creators face in the globalised digital world we live in today. MORE INFO
• How To Make Diversity Initiatives That Truly Deliver
• Building A Healthier Music Industry
• Has The Digital Revolution Liberated Or Locked Out Music-Makers?
• Cancel Culture – Good, Bad Or Non-Existent?
TGE’s music industry partners once again present a series of panels as part of the TGE Conference.
These sessions include…
• Julie’s Bicycle x Music Declares Emergency present No Music On A Dead Planet
• AIM presents Scene And Heard – How To Build A Modern Music Business
• Ditto Takeover presents…
• PPL, PRS for Music and PRS Foundation present Ghostpoet In Conversation
• SyncVault presents Innovation In The Face Of Crisis
• Music Managers Forum presents the MMF Guide To Mental Health 2.0
• Vevo presents Impactful Music Video Marketing
• Sisters With Transistors – Kate Hutchinson in conversation with film maker Lisa Rovner
TGE ELEVATE WEBINARS
The TGE Elevate webinars, supported by Arts Council England, are a series of fact-packed webinars and talks offering beginner’s guides to different aspects of the music industry. These include…
• How Music-Makers Make Money
• Music Copyright Explained
• How Streaming Really Works
• The Power Of Data
Sentric Music presents…
• WTF Is Music Publishing?
• Nine Steps To Land A Sync Deal