A FULL-DAY CONFERENCE WITHIN THE TGE CONFERENCE FOCUSED ON THE INTERSECTION BETWEEN MUSIC EDUCATION AND THE MUSIC INDUSTRY.
In 2018 CMU and The Great Escape put the spotlight on music education through a full-day conference that brought together music educators, music employers and the music business. It was an inspiring day that started a movement to more closely align music education and the music industry. Lots of questions were raised, and in May 2019 – based on new research from CMU Insights – we aim to provide some answers. And then, no doubt, raise more questions!
CMU+TGE: Music Education takes place on Wednesday 8 May. A standalone ‘day ticket’ is also available for this conference for just £65. CLICK HERE to buy a ticket to attend just the music education conference programme.
TOPICS SET TO BE COVERED AT CMU+TGE: MUSIC EDUCATION
• What is music education for anyway?
• Who are the educators and what do they do?
• Which music hubs are getting it right – and why?
• How do education and career paths intersect?
• How could employers help educators right now?
• How could educators help employers right now?
• Who is educating the educators?
• What is the best case for better music education funding?