The Great Escape and CMU bring together music educators, music development organisations and the music industry to discuss the best ways to nurture, support and educate young musicians, early-career music-makers and future music talent – on and off stage.
Tapping into the latest research work from CMU’s Pathways Into Music Foundation, we’ll look at how DIY phase artists are going about building a fanbase in 2022, and how educators can inform that process and sign-post the tools and resources now available.
Plus what are the biggest challenges facing music educators today – and what support can the music industry offer?
● Music education post-COVID – what’s the plan?
● Mapping new talent development – in the UK and beyond
● Fanbase building in 2022
● Best practice in teaching creative entrepreneurship
● Joining the dots in music education and the music industry
● Better professional development in the music business
Music + Education takes place on Wednesday 11 May 2022 at Jury’s Inn Waterfront and is open to anyone with a TGE delegate or conference pass.
Standalone tickets for the Music + Education strand will also be available soon.