THREE FULL-DAY STRANDS CURATED BY MUSIC BUSINESS EXPERTS CMU.
A conference within the conference, the CMU+TGE Sessions are three full-day strands, each focused on a different topic and packed with insights, briefings, interviews and discussions – all curated by the music business experts at CMU.
CMU+TGE 2022 PROGRAMME
The Great Escape and CMU bring together music educators, music development organisations and the music industry to discuss the best ways to nurture, support and educate young musicians, early-career music-makers and future music talent – on and off stage.
Tapping into the latest research work from CMU’s Pathways Into Music Foundation, we’ll look at how DIY phase artists are going about building a fanbase in 2022, and how educators can inform that process and sign-post the tools and resources now available.
Plus we’ll be navigating and mapping the wider music-maker community – and the world of music education and talent development.
The Great Escape and CMU put the spotlight on all the ways data now drives success in the music business.
The data that gets artists and songwriters paid. The data that will help #fixstreaming. The data that informs music discovery. The data that powers music marketing. The data that profiles fans and fanbases. The data that sits at the heart of ticketing. The data that is powering new direct-to-fan products and opportunities.
Who creates this data? Who controls this data? And how can artists, songwriters, labels, publishers, agents, promoters, venues, artist managers and music marketeers ensure that all the data is accurate, accessible and driving that success?
The Great Escape and CMU explores the intersection between music and video.
Where are TV producers, movie studios, gaming companies, brands, online creators and social influencers sourcing their music in 2022 – what are their options, what are their requirements and what do the deals look like?
Plus what about all the video content the music industry now creates every single day? What content works? Where do you publish and push the videos? How do you influence the influencers? And how much of that content is about marketing – and when should video be a revenue generator for artists, songwriters and the wider music industry?
WHO ARE CMU?
CMU helps people to navigate and understand the music business through media, training, research and events.
CMU reports on key developments in music and the music industry every weekday through the CMU Daily bulletin and every week with the Setlist podcast, helping music people navigate and understand everything that’s going on.
CMU Insights provides training to thousands of music industry professionals every year – explaining the ins and outs of the business of music – while also under-taking ground-breaking research into streaming, royalties, artist deals, digital distribution, festivals, education and marketing.
CMU:DIY works with early career artists and future industry talent helping them to truly understand the business.
The CMU+TGE Sessions bring all this knowledge and insight into once place, helping TGE delegates get up to speed, to understand, to dissect, to analyse, to debate and to inform the key trends, developments, opportunities and challenges in the music industry today.
The CMU+TGE Sessions are truly unique for a number of reasons.
1. Because CMU reports on the music industry every day, our sessions are more timely, more incisive and more forward looking.
2. Because CMU Insights is a leading provider of music business training, our sessions include a number of more formal training elements, helping delegates to navigate and understand the complexities behind current developments and trends.
3. Because we have three focused strands, we can dig much deeper than any other music conference into the issues and challenges the business faces today.
4. Because we prioritise talks and interviews in our programme, the industry experts on stage can present their insights and case studies in a more detailed and digestible way.
5. Because the CMU+TGE Sessions are truly editorially driven, we are able to identify the key challenges and opportunities and find the people best equipped to discuss them.