Sitting at the heart of The TGE Conference is the CMU+TGE programme, presented by the team at CMU.
Three full-day conferences within the conference, the CMU+TGE programme presents a full-day of insights, case studies and conversations around three key music business topics. In 2020 we will put the spotlight on music education, music media and global music markets.
CMU reports on key developments in music and the music industry every weekday, helping music people navigate and understand everything that’s going on.
CMU Insights provides training to hundreds of music industry professionals every year – explaining the ins and outs of the business of music – while also under-taking ground-breaking research into streaming, royalties, artist deals, digital distribution, festivals, education and marketing.
CMU:DIY works with early career artists and future industry talent helping them to truly understand the business.
The CMU+TGE conferences bring all this knowledge and insight into once place, helping TGE delegates get up to speed, to understand, to dissect, to analyse, to debate and to inform the key trends, developments, opportunities and challenges in the music industry today.
THE 2020 CMU+TGE CONFERENCES
THE CMU+TGE MUSIC EDUCATION CONFERENCE
How are you supporting future music talent?
Wednesday 13 May 2020, Brighton
Music educators and music employers will again come together to discuss how music education, the music industry and the music community at large can better support early-career artists and musicians. This day will be based around the new ‘Pathways Into Music’ book from CMU, which is being published chapter-by-chapter over the next year before being presented as one publication at TGE. Mapping music careers, music education and local music industries, we will ask: how are you supporting future music talent?
THE CMU+TGE MUSIC MEDIA CONFERENCE
Who is influencing your fanbase?
Thursday 14 May 2020, Brighton
The media business is in flux. And the way the music industry utilises media platforms is changing too. We put the spotlight on how consumers are interacting with media and influencers in 2020. Alongside the music press and music radio, what role do social media, playlists, gaming platforms, podcasters, sync and media partnerships now play in promoting and developing new talent? We ask the key question for artists, labels, promoters and managers: who is influencing your fanbase?
THE CMU+TGE GLOBAL MARKETS CONFERENCE
Where will you escape to next?
Friday 15 May 2020, Brighton
The whole world is in the spotlight as we provide a concise overview of the major trends, developments, challenges and opportunities in each key music market. We’ll crunch all the stats to identify the strongest revenue streams, services, social media and genres in each region. And then we’ll put the spotlight on some important emerging markets, including India, China, Brazil, Nigeria and South Korea. Ask yourself: where will you escape to next?
The CMU+TGE conferences are truly unique for a number of reasons.
1. Because CMU reports on the music industry every day, our conferences are more timely, more incisive and more forward looking.
2. Because CMU Insights is a leading provider of music business training, our conferences include a number of more formal training elements, helping delegates to navigate and understand the complexities behind current developments and trends.
3. Because we present a whole day of content around each topic, we can dig much deeper than any other music conference into the issues and challenges the business faces today.
4. Because we prioritise talks and interviews in our programme, the industry experts on stage can present their insights and case studies in a more detailed and digestible way.
5. Because the CMU+TGE conferences are truly editorially driven, we are able to identify the key challenges and opportunities and find the people best equipped to discuss them.